Smewt is a smart media manager. It goes looking for your media files (movies, series, ...) and automatically recognizes them and gets more information on them from the web. It presents your collection not as a list of files, but as semantically related information, all of this in a slick interface.
- Graph DB storage: Smewt stores all its data in a graph. This seemingly simple feature makes it easy to interconnect your information
and makes it possible to do much more powerful queries than what was possible before. Instead of just searching text, you can now easily
make queries such as "I want a list of all my movies made by a Spanish director in the last 10 years"!
- Smart metadata fetching: Smewt uses heuristics on the filename and other available information from your files to try to guess what video your file actually contains. It has pluggable guessers which can fetch the information from various sources on the web (ie: IMDB, Wikipedia, etc...).
- Subtitles download: As Smewt is really smart ;-), it can even download subtitles automatically for you, both for movies and TV shows episodes!
- Smewt on KDE showing the movies you have in your collection
- Smewt on KDE showing a single movie
- Smewt on Mac OS X showing your sci-fi movies, ordered by rating
- Smewt on KDE showing a TV show and its episodes
- Smewt on Mac OS X showing some episodes suggestions